Boost your productivity and motivation
Starting your day with 3 actions is a simple trick that can boost your productivity and your motivation for the rest of the day!
When I am not feeling motivated for whatever reason, I use this simple trick one of my managers told me about 10 years ago. At the end of the day, I pick 3 actions I really need to get done, and i put them on my list of actions to start the next day.
It is a very simple trick, but it gives you :
- Three tasks done before you actually start taking care of the rest of your day
- Three small victories to boost your motivation (and the one of others : motivation is contagious)
- The focus you need to take care of other tasks and projects
Key Success Factors
To provide the expected results, the actions must respect the following criteria :
- They must be manageable in a short/reasonable period of time : the goal is only to start your day, not to spend the full day doing these
- You need to have a clear idea (vision) about what it looks like when your action is done
- The action must provide a visible result : you need to see the result in a way or another (checking the task in your list is a minimum, having a memo completed or email sent or a call done are some examples of the observable results)
An example of three actions could be :
- Send a meeting request to the customer XWZ according to the call we had yesterday
- Email John with my feedback on his proposal
- Call Emily to have a first feedback about the cost reduction program I proposed her last week
Very simple, and really powerful!
Just try it!
I would really recommend you try it as soon as tomorrow : it’s easy and you will immediately feel the results!
Don’t hesitate to leave your comments about this small experience hereunder !
1 thought on “Start your day with 3 actions!”
Merci pour le conseil
J vais essayer